Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

All of a sudden when I tap the bottom of the page to try to

Customer Question

Hi Pearl: All of a sudden when I tap the bottom of the page to try to swipe and change the page from say page 50 to page 10, the only response I get is a yellow highlight in the text of the book I am reading.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: it just started yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I turned it off, let it sit awhile, turned it back on....checked all my settings - that's about it. what else should I be doing?
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: nope that's it. thanks
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is this for a kindle? Nook? Kobo?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
nook
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?