Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I received a Kindle Paperwhite some years ago. I was reading

Customer Question

I received a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas some years ago. I was reading one of the novels from Amazon yesterday' Unfortunately, it does not want to OPEN today. I can swipe my finger across the base(kaput). It doesn't even want to power UP. Is there any thing that can be done. My books await me.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this:

Restart Your Kindle Paperwhite. Many issues with your Kindle, such as a frozen screen or issues with downloading content, can be solved by restarting your device. Help for Kindle Paperwhite (5th Generation). Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialog box appears, and then tap Restart.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.