GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

I was reading and my kindle turned itself off, I can't get

Customer Question

I was reading and my kindle turned itself off, I can't get it on it seems to be stuck with the tree and half the black line
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi Susan! Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Often these types of issues can be fixed by a "reset".

Please press and hold the Power button or (slide and hold the power switch) switch for 30 seconds or until the until the Power dialog box appears. Next and tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialog box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

If this does not solve the issue, please try plugging the Kindle into the charger for at least 15 minutes, then unplug it and try the procedure again.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you're still having trouble, please reply back with the type of Kindle that you have. If you aren't sure, you can provide the serial number of the device (usually located on the back). That will help me to determine the model # so I can provide specific instructions for your model.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
None of those ideas worked as requested model no.D00901. FCC ID:XSX-1013 IC:8960A-1013 I hope you can help
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

His Susan. I'd be happy to help. Unfortunately none of those numbers are the serial number. You can find this sixteen digit code in the box your Kindle came in or you can login to and click on the devices tab to find the serial number that they have listed for your device. Once I have that I can provide detailed instructions specific to your device. Thank you!