Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, System Administrator
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

Not all of the books I have bought will not download.

Customer Question

not all of the books I have bought will not download .
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What devices are you trying to download from and too? Type of computer, Windows 7,8,9, or Mac? And to a Kindle? Cell phone, Ipad? etc.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a Kobo Wireless eReader , October 2010 ,Windows Vista ,download from Kobo web site to the reader.
Some books have downloaded with no problem . Then when I sync three books wont download and some books are now
locked . When I hit update library ,Kobo reader goes to the wireless setting which I don't have.

Please follow the link below to download all your books correctly.

https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/article/1619/troubleshooting-problems-with-syncing-your-books-to-your-kobo-wireless-or-kobo-original-ereader?products=Kobo%20Desktop

Please keep in mind, the books you just bought? Books only show up in I'm Reading once you have started reading them. Until then, they can be found in the Books section. Make sure you are downloading them from the correct spot.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Did you still need help with your issue or need further answers for this question?

~Franklin

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Isaac,
Nothing happened . In fact I deleted one of the books from the reader I was having a problem with ( the cover downloaded ,then a message showed up content is locked as are all the books I down loaded in the past .Do you have a phone number where I can call Kobo help desk . Trying to find this number is ***** hard as well..

Yes, I am sending you a link for their webpage as well. Please click the link for troubleshooting missing books

as well.

https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/article/1698/troubleshooting-missing-books-in-your-kobo-library?products=Kobo%20Desktop

In order to fix this error message please follow the steps as suggested below. (for your locked content.)

Also, check that the date on your ereader and the date/time on my computer.

Kobo customer support:

1(###) ###-####/p>

You can contact via web here:

https://kobo.frontlinesvc.com/app/ask_NA/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ3MDI0ODk0Mi9zaWQvS0VNWVU5WG0%3D

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

1) Open Digital Editions.
2) Connect the Reader and open it.
3) Press the keys Ctrl + Shift + E on your keyboard.
4) Now unplug the Reader and replug it.
5) There you will find a new drive created similar to C or D drive under "My computer".
6) Open the Readers Drive and you will find one or two folders with name adobe.digital.edition.
7) Delete thyis folder and plug off and re plug in the Reader.
8) Authorize Reader from the same Adobe ID which you used to Authorize Adobe Digital Editions.