Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

What do I do to update kindle. Accidentally trashed the

Customer Question

What do I do to update kindle. Accidentally trashed the message that came on line
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. If there is an update for your Kindle, it SHOULD automatically download and install on your Kindle when it is connected wirelessly; however, you can also manually download the software and transfer the update to your device via USB cable, if that doesn't work. Can you tell me which model of Kindle you have please? The serial number will be helpful in determining which generation it is.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you tell me what was message in mailbox regarding just plugging in so it sets itself
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

There was a critical software update for Kindle ereaders that should have been installed by March 22nd.

If you did not update your device by March 22, 2016, you will receive the following message, or similar, on your device and will be unable to connect wirelessly: Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please make sure you are within wireless range and try again. If the problem persists, please restart your Kindle from the Menu in Settings and try again. If you see this message on your device on or after March 22, 2016, you will need to manually install the latest software update for your device in order to resume normal functionality.

Does this sound anything like the message you saw? If so, please click here http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994710 and see if your Kindle is on the list of models that need the update.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I apologize but your phone number does not display for me. There was an error with your payment. This sometimes happens when your bank sees more than once charge on the same day to the same company. I'm sure that I can help you here.