GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

My kindle will not charge, over 1 day, none yet...was

Customer Question

my kindle will not charge
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: over 1 day
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none yet...was reading about the reset so I have it in front of me & now I nned to know what to do
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: ok
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Many issues with your Kindle, including the inability to charge can be fixed by resetting it. To do this:

Press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until the Power dialog box appears, and then tap Restart.

Note: If the Power dialog box doesn't appear, press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds until your device restarts.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please reply with the model number of your Kindle device so I can continue to help you.