Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician

This is the basic low end, back lit Nook reader. It keeps

Customer Question

This is the basic low end, back lit Nook reader. It keeps freezing up about every 30 pages. It's about 3 yrs. old and I read a lot
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: a few weeks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no--thank you
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release, then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the nook has a hardware failure.
Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished nook which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the nook replaced with the nook app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free nook reading apps, you can buy a nook book once, and read it on any device with the nook app installed.

Please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!