Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician

D026 a0a0 2464 08h4 kindle fire will not charge.

Customer Question

d026 a0a0 2464 08h4 kindle fire will not charge.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot but unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while connected to a USB charger. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.
Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Thank you very much!

Did that work for you?