Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My screen on my Kindle is going dark. Do I need to reboot

Customer Question

My screen on my Kindle is going dark. Do I need to reboot it?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just the last couple of days.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: N o
JA: Huh?
Customer: No, I haven't tried any thing
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.