Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I cannot find my Kindle Paperwhite. Is the an app or another

Customer Question

I cannot find my Kindle Paperwhite. Is the an app or another solution?
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is ANYONE going to respond?????
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Amazon states that there is no way to track a Kindle device, unless it is one of the models with a GPS capability (which reveals its position.)

But even so, there is no app for locating a Kindle that I can find mention of.

And in the case of your Kindle PaperWhite, there is no GPS capability in it.

So the procedure for a stolen Kindle - if your Paperwhite was stolen - should be followed.

De-register the device from your account, so that it cannot be used to buy anything using your Amazon.com account - which would cost you money, possibly non-refundably.

Then after that is done, promptly, you can contact Amazon Customer Service - they are good - and they can blacklist that Kindle device so it cannot be used again.

This is, of course, dependent upon your considering it stolen. As opposed to lost. Don't get it blacklisted, if it might just be mislaid, lost, misplaced, etc.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
for this, I am paying $28/month? NO THANK YOU! PLEASE CANCEL!

I have Opted Out, in case another Expert has the answer you need.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Susan,

Are you saying that you lost your Kindle Paperwhite and you are trying to find the e-reader?