Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers

Cannot access my books anymore, and it is telling me that i

Customer Question

cannot access my books anymore, and it is telling me that i have to set up my kobo, also an hour glass appears telling me it is reconfiguring, thats not the exact word but right now i am wondering what is going on. I have had my kobo for two years, and have never experienced this issue.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: since yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: you, i am not savvy with technology and I have had my sister in law try to fix it, as well as my spouse, , hopefully you can walk me through what to do.
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: ok, hope its not complicated . thanks .
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kobo and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kobo and access your books.

Let me know the results please

Thank you