Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician

My kindle paperwhite will not hold a charge. I think it is

Customer Question

My kindle paperwhite will not hold a charge. I think it is one of first paperwhites
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Over 2 years, I believe. If I charge, can I find out that info before it loses charge?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Nothing because I wasn't sure where to look....
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the eReader Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  rahul.pattnayak replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again.

Hope it helps. Please reply if it works.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My kindle is dead. Your solution does not work.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Again, my Kindle is dead. Your solution does not work. What else do you suggest?