Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Nook will not turn on I was using it and it turned off

Customer Question

My Nook will not turn on I was using it and it turned off and will not turn on
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Nook locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Nook for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Nook into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?