Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

BNTV400 battery i got a replacement battery and it wont hold

Customer Question

BNTV400 battery i got a replacement battery and it wont hold a charge either
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: a few days ago i put in the new battery
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: lost you
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thats it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the eReader Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I am sorry about this,unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the nook and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the nook has a hardware failure.
Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished nook which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the nook replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free nook reading apps, you can buy a nook book once, and read it on any device with the nook app installed.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did not work You told me that you could fix it when you propably knew it wasn't fixable
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want my money back

JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that does not help.