GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Library on reader remains empty despite several attempts to

Customer Question

Library on reader remains empty despite several attempts to download books.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. I will be happy to give you a call, but that is considered to be a premium service and there will be an additional charge.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Margaret if you can tell me please what model your ereader is, I should be able to provide detailed troubleshooting instructions for you here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My e-reader is a Kobo touch
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you Margaret. You can download the Kobo Desktop software to reinstall it at kobosetup.com. You may need to completely uninstall th eexisitng version before you can reinstall. Please let me know the operating system on your computer and I can provide detailed instructions specific to your computer. If you're not sure what operating system you have, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

http://whatsmyos.com/

For MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

It’s important to sync regularly to get recent software or app updates, download newly purchased books to your Kobo Library, and to update your books with bookmarks or annotations you made while reading on another device. If you buy a book on kobo.com, you'll need to sync before you'll see the book in your Kobo Library. There are two ways you can sync: using Wi Fi, or by connecting your Kobo eReader to Kobo Desktop on your computer. After you’ve synced, you’ll see the covers of all your books and previews in your Library. Some books will have the word Download beside the book title, or a Download icon on the book cover. Tap the cover to get the book on your eReader.

Syncing your Kobo eReader with Wi Fi

Make sure your Wi Fi is enabled and you are connected to a network before syncing your eReader.

1. Go to your Home screen.

2. Tap the Sync tile.

• If you are within range of a known network, your eReader automatically joins that network and will begin syncing.

• If you are not within range of a known network, your eReader will begin the Adding a Network process.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you. Be sure to let me know exactly wher in the process it went wrong so I can assist. In providing these instructions I assumed that you had the Kobo Touch 2. If I am wrong and you have the original Kobo touch the instructions may be slightly different, Just let me know if that is the case and I will revise the instructions.

For your convenience I am including a link to the user manual for the Kobo Touch 2 here.

https://kbdownload1-a.akamaihd.net/ereader/guide/pika/userguide_en_US.pdf

If you need the manual for the original Kobo touch instead please let me know.