Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers

How to manuver on new iPhone how to find settings within

Customer Question

How to manuver on new iPhone how to find settings within nook download
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean you are using the Nook app on the iPhone?

Or just a Nook device?

And which settings are you referring to?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Using nook app on brand new iPhones
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Am using nook on new and unfamiliar iphone
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't see library,change fonts,turn pages,open other books,
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you've had to wait. It would be my pleasure to help you with this. You need to sign into the Nook application using the email address and password ***** you use on the Barnes and Noble site. The first time that you sign in there are 4 screens introducing you to features of the app. You can scroll through them to view or you can tap on SKIP. This will take you to your library. Just tap on the book that you want to open. When you are in a book reading it, you can use your finger to swipe left or right to turn the page. You can also tap near the top of the screen to bring up the menu that will allow you to change fonts and brightness. You will also see three dots there that you can click onto add a bookmark, search in the book, go to a particular page, or view details. The back arrow < on this same menu will return you to the library. When you're in the library ,you will see an icon that looks 3 vertical lines in the top left hand corner. If you tap there you will see options to go to your current book, your library, your shelves, your messages, and your settings. On main library page on the top right you will see a search icon.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hopefully these instructions will be helpful to you. If so, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars.

If you don't see any of these things in the app you will need to delete the app and then download it again. TO delete the app, find the icon on your iphone for the Nook app and press and hold it until the icons start shaking. Tap the x in the upper right corner of the icon to delete. to install it again go the APP store, search for the app and touch the cloud icon to download it again.

Please give this a try and let me know how this works for you.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there

As you are forced to sign into the Nook app when you first open it, this is not the issue.

If you did not see this, it means the app did not start correctly.

First, hold the home and power buttons on the iPhone until you see the Apple Logo then release.

Let the iPhone restart then open the Nook app.

It should then ask you to register.

If it does not, close the app, hold your finger on it till it wiggles, press the X and uninstall it.

Then go to the app store, install it again and open it.

It should then as you to register, and when you do you can see your library and books

Let me know please how you go