Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician

Kindle D00801 will not recover archived books. It will

Customer Question

Kindle D00801 will not recover archived books. It will download new purchases.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Lets try a hard reboot first please> Sometimes this is caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, other times it is due to network settings errors, if it is a glitch then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No change. Still unable to connect.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there? Kindle is unable to connect.....and recover archived items.

Yes,try this next please.

This will reset the network settings.

On your Kindle>

• Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
  • detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to
  • Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.
  • Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget.

Then on your router>

• Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless router,
  • Then plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)

Then on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>

• Then try connecting to Wi-Fi again and try the downloads.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where is Wi-Fi on Kindle menu?
Where is Wireless Networking Switch?Wi-Fi is working on my IPad.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Yesterday, I purchased a book from Amazon on my Kindle. It downloaded without difficulty. It is only my archived books that will not open. I you do not have an answer, I will close this call and cancel my trial to justanswer. I will not rate you.

okay, did you follow these steps on your kindle to download Archived Items wirelessly on your Kindle:

1. Connect to Whispernet. 2. Select "Archived Items" from the Home screen or "View Archived Items" from the Menu. 3. Select the item from the Archived Items screen.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not following you. Please discontinue this call and tell me how I cancel my subscription to justanswer. I wish you well.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please, cancel my trial subscription and tell how much I owe you.