Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert

I 't remember my network name or password and cannot access

Customer Question

I don't remember my network name or password ***** cannot access my Kindle.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Is the kindle actually asking you to connect to wifi, or is it asking you for your amazon account password? These are 2 separate functions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It is asking for my network name and password
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your kindle is unable to connect to the Wi-Fi network "*****@******.***". Manually set up your network. (This is the message.)
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I must go now. I'll contact you later. So far you have given me nothing!
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry I missed you, please reply only once, the multiple messages get lost in the queue so I don't see them.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.