Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician

I cannot open my kindle I do have all the infomation

Customer Question

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there Beverly! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this issue. I'd be happy to help. May I ask what you see when you turn on the Kindle please? We can have a question and answer type of conversation here or I can give you a phone call to help you solve this quickly and easily. I you'd like a call, just accept the offer.It's completely optional. If you'd prefer, we can continue here.

Expert:  Randy Boman replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

To unlock and reset your Kindle, Paperwhite or Fire:

1. On a Kindle Fire (any model) attempt to enter a password—any string of characters will do—five times in a row. After the fifth failed attempt, you’ll be prompted to reset the Fire without having to go through the menus as described above.

2. On a regular Kindle, Kindle Touch or Paperwhite, reset your Kindle by entering “111222777″ as the parental controls / screen lock password.

Now the device is unlocked, but it’s also been cleared of all the content you’ve downloaded to it and it’s been totally disconnected from your Amazon account, so you’ll need to go through the set-up screens to re-register it and then re-download whatever content you’d like to have on it again.

1. For kindle keyboard> Type resetmykindle into the passcode field.
  2. Press the Enter key (below the Del key).

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!