GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Back up to get my books back on my kindle

Customer Question

back up to get my books back on my kindle
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Hi Barbara! I am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. IS this a new Kindle that you are setting up? Would you mind telling me a little more about the problem that you are having?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

Do you have an Amazon account? If so, you'll need to register your Kindle reading app with the same email address that you use for Amazon. If you don't have one, you'll need to start by going to www.amazon.com. Click on "Create Your Amazon account". Make sure you add a payment method and complete the setup of the account. If you do have an Amazon account, using your browser, please sign-in to Amazon, then browse books and make your purchase. You can't purchase the books directly from the app on your Kindle, but you can use your web browser to purchase from Amazon. After you purchase content, your titles are automatically made available for download within the Kindle app on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. From the  Home  screen of the app, tap on a cover to download that title. You can download up to three titles simultaneously. A checkmark will appear when the download is complete. Books with larger files may take longer to download. Note: Your device must be connected to a wireless or data network in order to download Kindle content to your Kindle reading app.

If you have books that you have already purchased that you want to download to a new Kindle, just log in to Amazon, click on YOUR ACCOUNT and then click on MANAGE CONTENT AND DEVICES. Check the device tab to amke sure that the KINDLE you want to use shows up and is marked as DEFAULT. Next click on the content tab and select the books or books that you'd like to download to Kindle. You select them by placing a check in the box to the left of the titles. When you have made your selections, click on "Deliver".

Expert:  GeekGal replied 7 months ago.

I hope that I have provided the information that you were seeking. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!