Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

My son accidentally swiped s kindle fire. it seems to have

Customer Question

my son accidentally swiped his kindle fire. it seems to have upgraded to the new os. All of his games and content, is gone. I re-registered it, but nothing came back.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just happened this morning
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I re-registered it and it say's Max's Fire, but everything is gone. He is freaking that all his mine craft worlds are gone
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the eReader Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 5 months ago.

Try this please,

Sign in to the same Amazon account on your computer that you registered the Kindle with and go to manage content and devices, then make sure that the Kindle is shown in the devices. If it is choose sync all content to device.

To ensure Whispersync is enabled, or to disable Whispersync:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
  2. Select the Settings tab.

Under Device Synchronization (Whispersync Settings), setWhispersync Device Synchronizationto ON or OFF.

.

Whispersync for Games on Fire tablets saves your data in the Cloud. For games that have Whispersync for Games enabled, your saved progress, achievements, leaderboard scores, and all of the content you've unlocked within the game are stored in the Cloud whenever you go online.

Digital content purchased from Amazon is saved to your content library in the Cloud. In order to download content, make sure your Kindle Fire is connected wirelessly. To learn more, go to Connect Wirelessly.

• To sync all content: With wireless connected, swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Sync.
  • To sync to the furthest page read in a Kindle book: While reading, tap the center of the screen, tap Go To, and then tap Sync to Furthest Page Read. For more information, go to Sync Across Fire & Kindle Devices and Apps.

To download content from the Cloud:

1. From Home, tap a Kindle content library (for example, Books) in the top navigation, and then tap the Cloud tab to view Kindle content not downloaded to your Kindle device.
  2. Tap your content type to download the title to your device.
  3. Tap the Device tab to view your Kindle content.

.

.

Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

did that work for you?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Randy,We are traveling and are 14 hours ahead of you currently.Your earlier suggestion did seem to restore the apps, but anything that he did pre the swipe, seems to be gone. He is most specifically freaked out that he can’t retrieve his previously made minecraft worlds.Any ideas?Many thanks!

The Minecraft worlds are located in "...games\com.mojang\minecraftWorlds" on the Kindle Fire. Check the entire Kindle directory folders "...games\com.mojang\".