Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

How am i to get kindle books on my kindle when I'm told I

Customer Question

How am i to get kindle books on my kindle when I'm told I have to update with no instructions on how - and so I can no longer get books on my kindle.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

All older model kindles became incompatible with the current amazon servers at the end of march. They all required an update at that point to keep working, and amazon sent out several email notices and instructions.
What you need to do is connect the kindle to your computer to download and transfer the update files.

If you can tell me the model of your kindle, and the current software version (found in the kindle settings menu) I can help guide you through and provide the proper update files.