Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I'm trying to order a book kindle. The title of the book is

Customer Question

I'm trying to order a book for my kindle. The title of the book is "Since Yesterday." My kindle won't process the order because it thinks my credit card has expired. My credit card is current: it doesn't expire until May 2019. I have a Visa card number 4719230320608455.
Please correct your records to show the 2019 expiration date and send me a return email informing me that this change has been made.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This is not something you can do via chat, or on the kindle.

The likely issue is that you have a card on file for your amazon account, but had been making purchases via the amazon website. If you didn't specifically associate a particular card with the kindle, or configure one to a one click setting for the kindle then you could face this issue.

There are a few easy steps to fix this though.

From your amazon account page on the computer,

First, go to Manage Payment Options:

http://amzn.to/1NupYm0

there you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc)

From there, go to Manage Your Content and Devices:

http://amzn.to/1N8muYQ

On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,

then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.

Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases.

After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there.

Thanks,

Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nathan's answer did not properly respond to my inquiry. His answer assumed that I had been ordering books through my computer. Not so: all my previous book orders have been "one clicks" on my Kindle.I was not asking for technical help. I was merely asking Amazon to correct its records to show that my Visa card had not expired, but had been automatically renewed with a new expiration date (May 2019).Now Visa is billing me $27.33 for Nathan's services. Please reverse Amazon's charge to Visa.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

This is Nathan, you are speaking with me directly, which is the intent of the service, this is meant to be a conversation, and is not always an instant fix.You paid the agreed upon fee, to the site (not to me) for this help.

The information I provided still applies, regardless of how/where you'd been making purchases, the rest of the steps I gave still must be followed, and when you do that, the issue will be resolved.

Amazon will not do this for you, online or over the phone.

That charge is not from amazon, it is from this support site, which is a paid support service where you have signed up to get 3rd party help, which is what I've provided.

When you follow the steps, it will fix your payment issue.

If you have questions, please reply back here to continue talking with me.