AnswerManRob
AnswerManRob, Top Technician
Experience:  Kindle Expert. 20 yrs repairing & 5 yrs teaching electronics
24991566

I read my Kindle & all was ok. The next morning when I

Customer Question

I read my Kindle & all was ok. The next morning when I opened the cover nothing came on the screen except the screensaver "picture".. I thought it was flat so I charged it. It is still not working.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It happened today. This is the first time it has happened.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Sorry I don't know any trouble shooting strategies. Can you assist me please?
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the eReader Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  AnswerManRob replied 5 months ago.

Try resetting the firmware by pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. After that, wait one minute and try to turn it on and use it again. Let me know if it still does not work.