Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle fire HD has a shattered top glass. How much will

Customer Question

My kindle fire HD has a shattered top glass. How much will it cost to repair it and where do I send it for repair?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. When the display on the Fire HD is cracked/shattered, it generally requires the top glass as well as the Digitizer to be replaced to fix it. The top screen shattering can actually damage the digitizer as well. This is not a cheap repair (generally in the $150 range) but the site below does specialize in this type of repair and can fix the Kindle for you. Click the link below and then select the model you have to see pricing. The addresses on that page also show you where the closest one to mail it in for repairs is:

https://www.ubreakifix.com/amazon-kindle-fire-hd-repair/amazon-kindle-fire-hd-7-glass-lcd-replacement

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. That is how the site credits me for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.

Did you need something else here?