Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

My Kindle won't turn on. I have to connect to my computer

Customer Question

My Kindle won't turn on. I have to connect to my computer and eject the Kindle before it will turn on. I still don't have control over it. The on button doesn't work.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: I
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It is a kindle, not a fire, don't know exactly. I am not a techie. I just want my kindle back. This started when I
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: charged it with my computer. My computer has had some big time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the eReader Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: problems that had to be resolved by Microsoft.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,