MD.SADIQUE, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer,2yrs+exp as circuit analyst.

I have a Kindle Fire that won't charge anymore. I know it's

Customer Question

I have a Kindle Fire that won't charge anymore. I know it's an older first generation one from when they first came out, but I LOVE my Kindle. I use it all day every day. At least I did until it stopped charging. The problem appears to be a lose connection. When I plug it in, it's very loose. Is there any hope of fixing it or am I going to have to buy another one? I can't afford a new one since my husband has recent been injured and unable to work. I'm lost without my Kindle.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It happened all of a sudden. One day it would fully charge and the next morning when I unplugged it I found that it hadn't charged at all. I tried charging it the next day at work and still nothing. The battery level by that point was so low that it shut itself off. That was 2 weeks ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I read online about holding the power button down for 30 seconds and letting it reset. I tried that 3 times in a row with no success. I even tried a couple different chargers thinking that was the problem.
JA: The eReader expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: The only other issue I have had is that it wont update. I could never get it to do that. But I think the issues are totally unrelated.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the eReader Specialist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  MD.SADIQUE replied 4 months ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

I am sorry to say the power receptacle/jack which receives the charge from the power cord has become loose or dislodged.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is this something that can be fixed fairly quickly or am I stuck buying a new one?

The Jack needs to be replaced to get everything back to alright.

The only option left is to send it for repair, for that you have to send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them, and obtain an RA# ***** to sending it. In some cases, Amazon will not repair the Kindle and instead will offer a refurbished one at a lesser cost.

Here is the link for Kindle Service and Warranty information along with their phone number.

You can also contact kindle support at

United States: 1-***-***-****

Outside the United States: 1-***-***-****

Sorry to give you a bad news.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please rate my service positively by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then submit.

I wish you a pleasant day and a quick solution to this problem.

Thank You!