Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

Read Kindle Books via App in I-Pad. Just bought a new I-Pad

Customer Question

Read Kindle Books via App in I-Pad. Just bought a new I-Pad and all is well but cannot get to the checkout screen. Want to buy books...Help.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

Hi!

These steps are very similar to what you have tried but they are different...

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3minutes for the complete reboot process.

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

If the issue is resolved-

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

I apologize -- my reply was posted on the wrong question.

Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

Please follow these steps instead:

Hold down the Power and Home button together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After the restart, please try again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Followed your instruction. Did not change anything. Have my book on the screen, but cannot find a button to "purchase".
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

You are not able to buy books directly in the Kindle for iOS app, but books purchased on Amazon.com will sync to your app automatically. Get to the store quickly and easily from your device by adding it to your home screen – just open Amazon.com/kindlebooks, tap the share button, and choose "add to home screen."

Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.