Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician

I am connected to the wifi but am unable to see any of my

Customer Question

I am connected to the wifi but am unable to see any of my books. I have bought 3 books and none of them are there.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Dianne.

Is this for a kindle? Nook? Ipad?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
a Kindle. I received an email a while ago to do an update and since then, apart from the Kindle instructions book there are no books on the kindle. I bought a book through Amazon about a month ago and it didn't download. I'm presuming that my registration is lost but can't see on my kindle anywhere on the drop down menu that I have where I can go to set it up again. Cheers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

It should stay registered, go in kindle menu under Device, About, or Registration and it should show your email address. If so, you're registered.

If you are, then go to the home screen, then look under the CLOUD library. Does your book show there?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dan, that's the problem, the drop down menu I get, doesn't have device, about or registration on it. Cheers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a help function in the menu?

You may have to go into SETTINGS first to see these options.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Dan, No I don't have a help functions in the menu. Co incidently I have plugged my kindle into my computer to charge while I talk with you and a window has come up on the computer with all my books on it but not the 3 I have bought. So new question How do I get them onto the kindle? :)
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

This is Nathan, not dan.

Did you actually update the kindle yet (software update)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oops sorry Nathan. Yes, I did the update and it was after that, that all this happened. Not immediately though. Cheers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Okay thank you for confirming.

Which update did you do (which version)? Often more than 1 update is necessary, they have to be done in steps, so you may have more to go.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pass I don't know, they emailed me with all the instructions and I followed. It was easy. They told me if I didn't do the update I wouldn't be able to do anything any more.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

If you look in the settings in the menu, under device or about, it should show the current version there. What do you see?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thats the problem the is no settings in the menu box. All i have in the menu box is:
Turn off wireless
shop in the kindle store
book description
landscape mode
Sync to furthest page read
add book mark
view notes and marks
reading progress
turn on Text to speach
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you see a few dots, option for "more" or next page, etc?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No there is nothing like that. Thank you for you help but I'll take to into a authorised dealer and get them to look at it for me.
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** need more help just let me know.