GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Have been unable to register my kindle

Customer Question

Have been unable to register my kindle
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Good morning Carol. I'm sorry that you are having this issue. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Do you already have an Amazon account? If not, the first step will be to create one. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i do
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry Carol. I'd be happy to offer a phone call but apparently payment for the service failed. This is usually just because when your credit card company sees more than charge from the same company, they suspect fraud and don't allow the payment until they hear from you, confirming that the charge is legitimate. don't worry though. I am sure that I can walk you through this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Let's start by logging in to your Amazon account. once you are logged in, please click on "your Account" then on "Manage Devices and Content". Please click on the device tab and tell me what you see there.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

If your Kindle device shows up there, then it should be properly registered. If it does not, please follow the instructions below to register it.

1. From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Registration and Household.
  3. Choose the Amazon account you want to use on your Kindle:
    • If you already have an Amazon account: Tap this option. Enter your Amazon account information. Tap Register. Your name will appear as the Registered User when registration is complete.
    • If you do not have an Amazon account: Tap this option and follow the onscreen instructions to set up a new Amazon account.

If you have more than one Amazon account, it is possible that you may have registered it to the wrong account. if so, please follow the instructions below to de-register and rthen register it to the correct account.

Deregister your Kindle from your Amazon account if it is registered to the wrong account or if you would like to transfer ownership of your Kindle to another person. You can deregister your Kindle from your Amazon account while using your device or from a computer.

2. Tap Registration and Household.
  3. Tap Deregister Device, and then tap Deregister again to confirm. After you deregister, you can register your Kindle to another Amazon account.

If you are having difficulty logging into your Amazon account, please let me know and I will help you to reset your password.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
o.k…i'm here ;ogling I'm with amazon
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions or be of any service.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Carol, did this work for you? If not please let me know so I can assist you further. If the information that I provided did help you to resolve the problem, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!