Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert

Ihave a new kindel fire (fried my old one) and I can not

Customer Question

I'm Clara. Ihave a new kindel fire (fried my old one) and I can not connect to my WI-FI. it sends me for a pass word which I don' have. I put in something and it said authencating then error. What do I do. I have NETGEAR92 and its on full power.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Clara.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did not expect to pay for this service. I'm 80 years old, I wll have to think of something else. I know you have to make a living but i'm on soc sec. Thanks please remove my charge. Sorry about that!thanks but a
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Yes, this is a paid support service. Neither amazon nor netgear or anyone else would provide this help for free.

You did sign up for and pay for the initial answer above giving you the steps to do it yourself.

If you don't want the remote help, disregard the offer I sent, that is optional.

Otherwise, the steps to follow yourself are above and I'm here if you need more info.

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?