Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert

I was given a kindle fire that was used and I want to

Customer Question

I was given a kindle fire that was used and I want to deregister the kindle from the old user and reregister to mu account
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

The registration is not related to the wifi, they are 2 different things.

It is necessary to connect the new kindle to wifi however prior to being able to register it.

If it is not connecting, then you are most likely using the incorrect password.

There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:
1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured
2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.
3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.

Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. If you can let me know the make/model of the router, I'll give you the basic steps to access the router setup. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?