Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I am buying the new kindle oasis without special offers, but

Customer Question

I am buying the new kindle oasis without special offers, but I also do not want recommendations to pop up - how do I make sure that does not happen? I also have an older regular kindle paperwhite and I am prepared to pay to remove them - is that possible?? Thanks!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

to remove the adds you need to pay as you see, and to do this please do the following On your computer

Sign into your account at www.amazon.com

Under "Your Account" click on "Manage Your Kindle". Then on the left-hand side of the screen, under "Your Kindle Account" click on "Manage Your Devices". This will bring to a list of all the kindles linked to your account. There is a column on the list titled "Special Offers". You just need to find the appropriate row for your Kindle and then click the setting under the Special Offers column. Follow the prompts to pay your $ that it indicates and ads on the lock screen will be removed.

Pop up adds though are not from Amazon. These will be from an app installed, usually a free one, so locate an app you installed around the time you started receiving the popups, uninstall the app and this will remove the popups.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What about the recommendations is that included in the special offer?
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

They will not pop up, they may appear on the lock screen depending on which package you get, which you can stop via the instructions I gave, but no Amazon adds ever pop up, if you see adds popping up it is never from Amazon as these do not work this way but will be from an app installed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Your welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you