Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I have two kindles. One older model and a kind fire. Both

Customer Question

I have two kindles. One older model and a kind fire. Both have stopped working. I tried the suggestions noted on this web site but none have worked. My old kindle has not worked for some time, but the kindle fire was working yesterday morning, but my afternoon had died.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

What specifically is not working?
Won't turn on?
Error messages?

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried everything that you suggested to other people who had the same problem, but nothing has worked.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

We treat each question individually here, every issue has many variables, so things suggested to others may not address your issue.

There are several possible issues that can stop a kindle from working: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This did not work. Nothing happens.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for trying, Kay.

The reset can take several tries to take effect, so repeat it 4-5 times, please.

If the kindle still isn’t working properly, the next step will be a deeper level reset. If you have not charged the kindle recently or know that it is at least half full, then you should charge the battery for at least a few hours before proceeding further. Then plug the kindle into computer via usb cable, then press and hold power button for 60+ seconds, and release. The kindle will take 3-5 minutes to reload it's internal firmware. If it doesn't turn back on by itself, press power once to turn it on.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, I have been working and not able to reply. I just plugged my kindle fire into my computer and it turned on. I turned it off and then waited a bit and turned it back on to make sure it would still work. It does!!! Unfortunately, my older kindle still does not work. The only reason I really use my old kindle is that it has one game on it, Threadwords, that I really like and it is not
available on the newer kindles. Oh well, I guess I can live with out it. Thanks for all your help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the update, Kay.

Chances are the old kindle needs a new battery. If you want to tell me which model, I can help you find a kit for it, they are about $35 on average and come with the tools and battery to replace it yourself.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,