Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

Lost my wifi connection

Customer Question

Lost my wifi connection
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is your Kindle new, or old?

Have you used the WiFi where you are, with this (or another?) Kindle, before this? or any other device of yours used the WiFi here?

When entering any password ***** the Kindle, whether for WiFi or for registering your Kindle with Amazon, you need to spell everything out properly, with Attention to Capitalization of Letters... if your password ***** a capitalized letter in it, you need it to be capitalized in what you enter into the Kindle also.

Or is your problem that the WiFi connection dropped in the middle of registering? Then just do the process over again to make sure it goes through... or, if it fails again owing to the connection dropping, either get closer to the router, or use a more reliable and steadier WiFi connection for another try; that is what I advise that you do.

If your problem and question is about something different from the above, please let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have carried out your instructions and still unable to make contact with Wifi Spark-28JRQB

I don't know Spark-28JRQB - is that your local router's SSID, or 'wireless name' ?