Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

Kindle fire 2nd generation, photo app will not appear on the

Customer Question

Kindle fire 2nd generation, photo app will not appear on the carousel, in addition the photo app on the favorite bar is inoperative. It was operation for the previous 2 years with no problem
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Then check for normal operation.
Please let me know if this does not work for you, or if you need any other assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service positively.

Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried your suggestion. It cleaned out a lot of my apps on my favorite bar although the picture app is still there but does not function

okay, try removing the app and then reinstall it.

• Tap Apps from the Kindle Fire Home screen and then tap Device.
  • Press and hold the app you'd like to remove and tap Remove from Device.

To Download the application to your Kindle Fire again:

You can download apps previously purchased from Amazon Appstore for Android as long as the app is available on Kindle Fire. To find and download previously purchased apps available on Kindle Fire:

• Tap Apps from your Kindle Fire home screen and select Cloud.
  • Long-press (press and hold) the app you'd like to download and select Install.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Randy but the photos app isn't showing up under the cloud apps however it is still showing up on the favorite bar

okay,does the Photo app appear in the list at the top of your home screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the word photo is there

okay, what happens when you tap on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
screen goes blank for a few seconds then returns to the carousel

do you have the kindle connected to a usb cable right now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

okay, try this please>

1. force stop the photo app from any screen except the home screen, swipe from the options bar to the center of the screen, and then swipe to find the photo app. Drag the app icon from the Quick Switch panel to the center of the screen to force stop the app.
  2. Restart your device. Press and hold the Power button for 40 seconds or until the device restarts automatically. If your device restarts automatically before 40 seconds has passed, release the Power button. If your device does not automatically restart after 40 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
randy, not sure about that procedure so I connected it to my laptop

When you tap Applications in Settings, you see a list of installed apps, including the app that controls Settings. Tap any of these apps, and you encounter the following options:

• Force Stop: Force Stop allows Kindle Fire to stop an application from running if it encounters problems.

• Uninstall: Uninstall removes the app from your Kindle Fire. Keep in mind, though, that although the app is uninstalled, if you purchased it from Amazon, it’s still archived in the Cloud.

• Storage: You can clear Kindle Fire’s memory of data stored by the app by tapping the Clear Data button.

• Cache: Computing devices store data based on your usage to more quickly provide the data you need. This so-called cache of data fills up a bit of memory, so if you want to free up some memory, tap the Clear Cache button.

• Launch by Default: Tap this button to launch an app automatically when you turn on Kindle Fire.

Did that work for you?