Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle Fire is dead, I have tried the 20 second start

Customer Question

My Kindle Fire is dead, I have tried the 20 second start button, also been plugging
in each evening for charge. Whats next please. Do I need to purchase a new battery.
Have had Kindle for probably 2 years Thanks Mary
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems.

Please try the following steps first- since they're a little bit different than what you tried so far.

Press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model (ex: HD7, etc.)of the Kindle- and we can proceed.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
nothing next please
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay, well as I had stated above, then please reply back with the Model (ex: HD7, etc.)of the Kindle- and we can proceed with finding you a battery.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Are you still with me here?