GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I reset my kindle paperwhite. I can log on to wi-fi, but it

Customer Question

I reset my kindle paperwhite. I can log on to wi-fi, but it will not take password. Need to re-register device
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Cathy

Do you have a windows computer already connected to wifi? As we can get the password ***** this.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks

We can get the password ***** this.

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status

Then click on wireless properties

Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 10 months ago.

Hi Cathy. My name is***** you still having trouble with this? If so, please let me know and I can remotely connect to your computer and retrieve the password ***** you need for your wifi, while you watch.