Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert

Trading in old kindle. what happens to content?

Customer Question

trading in old kindle. what happens to content?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

You want to be sure to DEREGISTER the kindle from your account, which can be done from the kindle settings menu, or from the computer on You'll also want to factory reset the kindle from the settings menu.

Once you do this, all content is removed, and the kindle back to a like new state, so your content is removed from it and it is no longer linked to your account or billing info.

All of your books and other purchases from amazon stay in the amazon "cloud" library, and remain available to you. When you register your new kindle, that content will automatically sycn and download to it over wifi, so you will not lose anything.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Nan?