Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My wife's kindle white page went on the blink last night

Customer Question

My wife's kindle white page went on the blink last night while she was reading. She got an error message saying an error had occurred and all of a sudden a empty white box showed up in the middle of the screen. No matter what we do we can't get rid of it, nor can we get anything to come up. What may be the problem?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute). If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?