Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. E-Reader Expert.

Somehow my husband's email address is where the books I

Customer Question

Somehow my husband's email address is where the books I ordered went to and not to mine. I have a Kobo app on ipad and lap top and he only has one on his ipad. It seems somehow the account is registered at his email and not mine despite it coming up as mine except when I click on the icon and it names his. I want to ensure my email is linked to my banking details and I get the books. I can also no loner open Kobo on ipad after sinking the ipad and the lap top. I am not sure if I need to open a new account with my email.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.
You have two options - you can use the same email address on all devices and share everything that is purchased, or you can have two accounts - one in each email address - and download only the books that you have purchased under that email address to the associated device (or devices - you can have more than one device associated with an email account).If you don't have an account with your email, but that is what you want, then you will need to open an account with your email. You can do that here:Go to kobo.comDepending on what you see:Click Create Free Account.Click the Menu icon at the top of the screen, then click Create Account.Select your preferred sign-in option:Enter your details for a Kobo account.Click Don't see your usual sign-in option? and select your partner account, then enter your partner account username and password.Click Continue.