Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Several years of occasional experience with aspects of E-Reader technology.
13568747

I cannot get my paperwhite started. I have always had 3g --

Customer Question

I cannot get my paperwhite started. I have always had 3g -- but maybe this one does not
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The Kindle Paperwhite has 3G capability. But, you may have a problem with it. I advise you to go into your Kindle Paperwhite's Settings, look for the WiFi settings, and turn WiFi to OFF. This may seem odd, but it can help. Then go to the Kindle's Settings, Network settings, and turn 3G to ON. Then try to connect. That way, with WiFi turned Off but 3G turned On, it may work. Once you are connected you should see one of three indicators (3G, EDGE, or GPRS) in the upper right of your screen.