Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I have a Samsung Nook. Yesterday, my power started acting

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Nook. Yesterday, my power started acting up (I had previously had nook on power-save, which somehow got turned off. I went to charge it up as I usually do. After 6+ hrs (usual charge-up time),
I noticed how dark the screen was, I was unable to access my Nook by simply swiping the bottom of the page, as directed (and as usual). I called my local B&N store & spoke w/the Nook specialist, unfortunately he was due to leave the store until Monday, he suggested I "Power the Nook off". At this point my power gauge read 66%. He told me to recharge it for 2 hrs, and again, repower it up.
I followed his directives. I was able to access the Nook by swiping the bottom margin, as usual.
I went into my library. All my books (304), with the exception of just 4, needed to be downloaded.
I attempted to download the book I had been reading. To my dismay, I got an error code, telling me that due to "internal error" my book could not be downloaded.
I then attempted to download other titles, and NONE OF THE OTHER BOOKS COULD BE DOWNLOADED. SAME ERROR CODE.
I am very upset, I just bought this Nook a few months ago. The store's nook specialist will not be in until tomorrow, I am wondering if anybody could help?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.
Hi! In order to switch off the tablet hold down the Power key for a short while.After that, press and hold together Volume Up + Home + Power button for a few seconds.You may release held keys when the Samsung Logo appears on the screen.Select "wipe data / factory reset" by using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.In the next step choose "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm whole operation.When the Recovery Mode appears again select "reboot system now".
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Josh, I apologise. My question concerned ability to download my books. I had repowered the NOOK as you directed. I did see the logo as you described. I was able to see my library. My question is about downloading, and being able to read my books. I did not notice/see any icons on my NOOK, for "factory reset" /"wipe data" I am not even aware of "volume" buttons. I have never used them to navigate. Were you able to see my explanation of problem on the 1st page/screen? I did write directive to "see 1st screen" so I would not have to be redundant.
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.
I did see your initial question -- Just to confirm; you have the Samsung Nook correct
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you telling me to repower it again, as you described, so that this will over-ride the inability to download?
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.
The steps that I have provided are to perform a factory reset which will wipe the device back to factory and clear the internal error message that you are receiving.
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.