Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Screen frozen on Tree window with no message

Customer Question

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 5 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.This sounds like the battery has extremely low charge, if the battery isn’t too far gone you may be able to revive it.: Plug the device into the Kindle A/C adapter (not your computer) and let it charge for a few hours. Be sure the charging light is lit -- sometimes a drained Kindle will stop charging a few seconds after you plug it in. Unplug and replug until the light stays on steadily, then leave it alone. Most of the time you'll come back to a restored Kindle. If not, go on to step 2. If you still see the same Critical Battery screen after charging, unplug the USB cord, then hold the power slide to the right for at least 20 seconds. Release the power slide, then immediately press and hold the Home key for another 30 - 45 seconds. Once the Kindle’s screen begins to flash, release the Home key. The eReader will boot to recovery mode. To continue, press and hold the R key until the screen flashes again. After the device is finished rebooting, you may see the Critical Battery screen once more. If so, plug in the USB cord and wait for the Kindle to return to the Home screen. - If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure. If the kindle is beyond the 12 month warranty, usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value, You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed. Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Did that work for you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Note my previous advise. I was not requesting a phone charge.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.