Martin, Engineer
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
14666028

3 of my kindles have had the same problem and become unusable.

Customer Question

3 of my kindles have had the same problem and become unusable. The power connection from the charger to the device becomes faulty and cannot charge the battery thus leaving the unit not able to turn on.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cris replied 6 months ago.
Hi,Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.Please try to force start your Kindle by doing the following:1. If you have it connected to the charger currently remove for 30 seconds.2. If you also have a case on the device please remove it.3. Connect your Kindle to the charger for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes.4. Leave on the charger press and hold the power button/switch for up to 1 minute or until the screen flickers which ever is shorter.5. Then allow about 1-2 minutes for the software to load up.Reply back to me with any further questions BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.
Hi those device are notorious for bad soldering developing over time. You need to disasemble and resolder it (or have a tech do it for you). it is not much work. If you want to do it yourself, look on youtube, there is a lot of visual how-to, just make sure the have the same model as you. try to search for "Kindle power".
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.