Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert

How do I set up with credit card?

Customer Question

How do I set up with credit card?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What device/service are you trying to set up?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried to buy a book and it said I didn't have a current credit card To get you I gave my current card
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
kindlefire, the account is under my name charles mosher
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for confirming, Charles. This is an information and support site, so I can't access your account directly, but I'll guide you through updating it yourself. This is done on your computer (not the kindle itself).First, go here: you can be sure your card/bank info is correct (right address, valid expiration date, etc) From there, go here: On this page, click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right,then you can from there set a default card to be used for one click purchases on the kindle.Under Kindle Payment Settings, click on the Edit Payment Method button, and you can set the card you want used for your kindle purchases. After that, reboot the kindle by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, and it should operate normally from there. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan --Please note:I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I apologize this is not the outcome you had hoped for, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.
Expert:  Nathan replied 5 months ago.
Do you need more help with this, Charles?