Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

I have my third Kindle and it is not hooked up to my WiFi -

Customer Question

I have my third Kindle and it is not hooked up to my WiFi - Happytimes - so I am not getting my books on my kindle- What do I do
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 7 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Follow these steps on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>Then try connecting to Wi-FiGo to menu, settingsSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where do I find my wifi switch and how do I know it is on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where do I find my wifi switch and how do I activate it- I will not call you as I don't want to pay another $20.00
Which model Kindle do you have?
On other models From the Home screen, press the Menu button.Select Settings, and then select view next to Wi-Fi Settings.In the list of detected networks, choose a network to connect to it.If Wi-Fi is not turned on, you will get a message asking if it should be turned on. Tap OK.Or, if the Kindle Paperwhite is in Airplane mode (that is, Wi-Fi is not turned on), you'll see a message asking if you want to turn off Airplane mode.Select the network to which you want to connect.If the network you want to connect to has a lock icon next to its name, you need to enter a password.