Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician

My kindle has lost the top half of its screen

Customer Question

Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 5 months ago.
I am sorry about this, this sounds like it must be a hardware issue since you have ruled out the possibility of a firmware issue by (resetting the software, force reset, USB charging). You can try those options again following this procedure>resetting the software, using a force reset method while USB charging. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve. Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger. Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release. Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.If your Kindle is still under Amazon warranty (1-year warranty) you will receive a new Kindle for free.If your Kindle is out of warranty, if the cost to repair is too much then Amazon will recommend and sell you a refurbished kindle which is a good value, sometimes Amazon does often replace Kindles out of warranty. At least they would replace it for less than the cost of repairing.You can also read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the other kindle repaired or replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.Your Kindle e-reader is covered by a One-Year Limited Warranty.Freephone (within the UK): 0800(###) ###-####here is also an option that Amazon calls you. Please follow the steps below:1. Go to the page below - Log in using your Amazon account information.Select Kindle > Kindle Device (or Troubleshooting my Kindle) > Problem with my Kindle > My Kindle is damaged or Kindle is frozen/unresponsiveClick Phone - Call usEnter your number and choice "Call me now"
Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!