Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician

My kindle e-reader does not detect my Wi-Fi network. I have

Customer Question

My kindle e-reader does not detect my Wi-Fi network. I have not used it in a while but it has connected before lapses in use. It is a Kindle 4.1.3
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Try these steps please>On your Kindle>Select Wi-Fi from the menu.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindledetects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next toWireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget.Then on your router>Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless router,Then plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)Then on your Kindle> press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>Then try connecting to Wi-FiSelect Wi-Fi.Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.Your home network should appear in the list.Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.If you need help locating your password ***** me know.Then Tap Connect.In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.