info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

I received my Kindle Fire two years ago and it appears to be

Customer Question

I received my Kindle Fire two years ago and it appears to be "dead" this a.m. I don't know what happened. Have always charged it etc. What appears to be going on?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome Its likely the software may be corrupt please follow the below Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds(use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display,then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and up to 4 times before it resets.Let me know if you need more helpA positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 star rating so I can receive credit from the site thank youRegardsAnthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did as you recommended, held the on/off switch for 40 seconds twice and nothing happend. Still does not turn on.
Did you do this on and off the charger and upto 4 times?if not please do and please leave it on the charger for at least 20 mins before performing the tests
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have done all that you rex and the kindle does not turn on. Now what?
How old is the kindle please?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The kindle is approximately two years old.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still waiting to hear from you.
Please use the contact button on this page <<<clickAmazon may replace or offer you a repair or discount on another kindle Let me know if you need more info Anthony
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 star rating so I can receive credit from the site thank youRegardsAnthony